Monday, September 21, 2009

A Beautiful Sabbath Day in the NW

George and I rarely get or take the opportunity to enjoy all the beautiful scenery around us.
After church yesterday, we decided to take a ride up the Columbia River Gorge in the Jeep with the top down and drive the old Highway. It was a wonderful drive. We had the Mormon Tabernacle Choir playing and enjoyed talking about church related topics while taking in all the great scenery. I wish I would have taken a picture of the actual drive through the trees on the old highway. The sun shining through the thick trees and casting their shadows was truly beautiful.
The drive was exactly what I needed to balance out a very busy week and make me not feel so closed in by it all. As September starts to come to a close, I am grateful for these last warm days and clear skies and the opportunity to enjoy such a peaceful beautiful day out with my hubby.

Looking east from Crown Point

Horseshoe Falls