Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Looking Ahead

Goals
Last night my mind kept referring back to the lessons we had on Sunday in church about the importance of setting goals. Someone mentioned how it is a way of making a plan for our dreams to come true. I like that thought. It was also stressed how important it is to write down our goals and place them in an area where we will see them daily to remind us of our ultimate desired destination. Last night I started to write down a few things I would like to accomplish. Some are long term goals, others short term. I intend to write out a plan for each before January 1st.
It was also stressed that we need to schedule in time, or allow time for serving others. I have found that when my mind is not as focused on myself but on serving others I am happier and able to accomplish much more. Life is more satisfying and I find that my desire for 'things' lessens. 'Things' tend to bog us down with more maintenance and anxiety. I find it interesting how as we start out in life we tend to acquire more and more. Yet, as we get older we find those things that use to seem important more of a burden than a blessing. To rid ourselves of clutter and simplify is to regain control of our lives so we can truly enjoy the rich blessings of the truly important things such as family, friends and values that enrich our quality of living.