Sunday, July 10, 2011

Vacation Ends

First of all, we couldn't have ordered better weather for the last two weeks. For each day we had something fun schduled to do with the kids it turned out be a beautiful day. This last Wednesday we went to the beach. We browsed the shops and then spent a couple of hours on the beach while the kids played and we had a picnic lunch. The only thing about that day which could have been better is that the wind was a bit much and a bit on the cool side....but one could still go without a jacket. It just made for a very sandy experience with sand flying everywhere. Nathan's girls were with us yesterday and late night. Grandpa took them to the 'Car's' movie and then we all went to Red Robin to eat. After our meal we shared a slice of mud pie, as the girls had never had that before. We came home for a while. The girls wanted to watch 'Penelope'. So they did and then played on the little carts we have here at the house. In the evening we took them to a new park not far from here. They loved it. It has things to play on they had never seen before. Before bed, the girls helped me harvest some lavender in the back yard. I told them that I am going to dry it and then will make them some sachets for their dresser drawers which I will send to them soon. It was sad to see them all go today, as we realized we wouldn't be seeing the kids again before they leave to go back to Virginia. It broke my heart as the girls expressed how they didn't want to go and then had tears as they got into the car and left. I have to admit....it was all I could do to hold back my own emotions until after they were gone. I just pray that they will have the same wonderful memories of all the fun that I personally will cherish. Ksenya, Crystal and Kylie, we love you!