This past week was spring break for our area. It has been a while since since George and I have been able to get away for a few days, so we booked a place on the coast and invited Andrea, Jeremy and the girls to join us. The previous weekend was gorgeous, I wish I could say the same for this weekend. It may show spring on the calendar, but I tell you, I don't think I have ever seen it more windy and rainy on the coast! We managed to have a good time anyway. Just being away from home was nice. We left Friday morning and first headed to Tillamook to the cheese factory and the outlet for Tillamook beef jerky and pepperoni....oh yum! We sampled cheese...and bought some varieties, had ice cream then down the road couldn't resist the pepperoni and loaded up on the beef jerky. Once at Tolovana, the wind really kicked into high gear. That night the chairs on the decks of the Inn were being bounced all around and the sound of the wind hitting the side of the building and the windows was enough to keep one from getting a good nights sleep. Thankfully, even though Saturday morning it was still windy, we were able able to enjoy a trip to Seaside. The bumper cars were a hit with the girls and we also played miniature golf. Once we got back to the Inn, there was a break in the rain and wind died down a bit, so George, Andrea and the girls walked the beach to Hay Stack Rock. Jeremy and I stayed behind as I was having some neck and shoulder issues and Jeremy didn't really want to venture out for the long walk in the cold weather. The indoor swimming pool at the Inn was a great way to finish both days and tire the girls out.
 |
| Say CHEEEEESE! |
 |
| Jeremy with Ally |
 |
| Andrea with Kaitlyn |
 |
| Go Grandpa! |