Monday, May 30, 2011

A Big Challenge

This past week I was challenged in several ways. I had people counting on me, I had a deadline to meet., I needed to push myself when my body said no, I needed to have patience, to endure, to not give up and to sacrifice. Now, I know that if Shellagh reads this...she will think this post is all about the challenges we both had this past week of a big order that needed to be finished by the end of the week, but that is only a small fraction of what I was challenged by. My biggest challenge was not enduring the longer than normal hours of sewing, the pressure of the deadline, or how my eyes, neck and shoulders felt....it was something totally unrelated. It has to do with an obligation that makes me feel like I want to quit....to not fulfill that obligation. This thing involves others who count me. I have giving this challenge some very serious consideration and have decided that I cannot quit. I must find a way to make this challenge enjoyable and a great learning experience. As the saying goes...'that which does not kill you makes you stronger'. that is what I want...to feel stronger and capable of dealing with things that seem impossible. I know that I need to put more time and effort into this challenge. I also know I need help from above....I cannot do it all on my own. So....it is time to conquer!!!! Between prayer and steadfastness, along with a willing heart.....I CAN DO IT!!!