Sunday, September 11, 2011

September!!!!

Where does the time go?!?!? September is my favorite month of the year, but it comes way to fast! It seems we here in the NW wait and wait for summer to come just have it go by so quickly that you feel like you never had it. September is when summer officially ends yet, it feels like it has just begun. I try to savor the warm days with the sun shining through the windows because I know that all too soon, the gray of fall will be the norm along with little daylight. I think what I love about September most is how we can still have the summertime warm days, but then the cool evenings nights help balance the air to a comfortable level. That is the word I would use to describe September.....comfortable. It feels very cozy, homey, and secure. I know that using the word 'secure' is a bit strange to use on this day...the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 attack on this great nation, but I am talking about how September makes me feel. I love the canning this time of year and how secure I feel as I see the shelves stocked for the winter, I love seeing the colors of the leaves begin to change to my favorite warm colors and how the sun-rays illuminates them to their full splendor. I love the haziness that sweeps the morning landscape. Yes, September is a very special time of year for me....so why am I here inside on my computer?!?!? I think I will go sit out on my patio and soak up what I can of this fabulous month before it, too, disappears with summer!