Friday, February 15, 2013

Today I have had much time to ponder while working. I find that when the sun comes out and shines through my window, it energizes my mind while calming my soul so I can think clearer. As a young girl my teachers would write on my report cards that I had a tendency to day dream. Well, I guess in that respect I have not changed much. But I do have to say that as an adult it isn't about dreaming as much as it is about analyzing aspects of life. It is too easy to dream about the 'what if's' or 'I want's' and lose sight of reality. I would rather find new ways to deal with the realities of life so as to find meaning, purpose and joy. One can never find joy in continually expecting to find that unreachable pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, but instead can be found  in the little moments that materialize along the journey of everyday living. When working hard, one can feel accomplishment. When doing something for someone else, one can feel love grow in their heart. When one listens to another person in their time of need, one can feel bonded with friendship and feel needed. When someone else reaches out to us, we can feel gratitude. When we are having some recreational fun, we can exert energy and/or relax which benefits the functions of our bodies. When we take the time to organize our surroundings, we also unclutter our minds so we can think more clearly and have time for other activities. When we prepare ourselves for the unexpected, we can feel peaceful rather that panicked. When we set goals, we stretch ourselves and grow as individuals.When we are willing to recognize our faults and change our ways, we can free ourselves of shame and regret.When we invite God into our lives, we gain the knowledge that we are never alone and are loved despite whatever shortcomings we may have.
Though life has it's hardships, I am thankful I can still see the goodness and blessings in my life. In fact, I think I see them more clearly. My life right now leaves me very tired at the end of each day, but I have peace of mind knowing that I am making a difference not only in my own life, but in the lives of  many others. I am also grateful  for others who have made a huge difference in the quality of my life with their kindness and love. For that, I peacefully say thank you and good night.