Monday, July 27, 2009
Respectful but heart-wrenching changes
If anyone saw my blog on Saturday and early Sunday you saw pictures of my granddaughters than recently visited us from the east coast. My son and his wife asked us to please not post pictures of their girls on our blogs, facebook or anywhere on the internet. Due to this request, I have deleted the pictures. I respect the request and understand it. I have no ill feelings about it, but do have to say that it was hard to do. As most parents and grandparents, we are so happy and feel blessed when we are able to spend time with them. Pictures of those times are priceless gifts and we tend to want to share them with others. It is also because the children are loved by their parents that they feel the need to protect them from any possible exposure to those who may have intentions that could harm them. How do you argue with that?! I intend to put a book together eventually from my blog. It will feel incomplete without their pictures, but at least this insert will explain it. Andrea tells me there is a way I could still put them in the book without the public postings. I am hoping I will be able to do that...for the story of my family would not be complete without them. Every family member is precious. Love you all!


