Friday, February 26, 2010

The Great Get Away

Have you ever had those moments when you could just kick yourself? Well, I did on Wednesday. My cousin Susan and her husband Walt stopped by on their way up to Tacoma from Grants Pass for a short visit and lunch. It was a delight to have them come here..and I intended to take some pictures...well, guess what?! No pictures! They were pulling out of the driveway and I gasped to myself as I realized I missed a great opportunity.They got away too fast! They were on their way to spend the night in Tacoma and then visit Anderson Island the next day...the place our mutual great-great grandparents homesteaded. Susan is doing some family research. I am hoping they had a great time on their get away and am looking forward to learning about what Susan discovers. She has been a wonderful source of family information. I'll get those pictures at the reunion this next August, Susan....just warning you ahead of time...your not getting away that easy again! :-)