I had the opportunity to get out and go (Christmas) shopping with my dear friend ConneMara last Thursday. We never have to have anything special planned to have a great time, we just do. On our drive to the outlet stores we had a very enlightening conversation that I believe will stick in my head forever. This is not an unusual thing....she is my friend that I can talk to about spiritual things on a different level than with anybody else. We seem to feed thoughts and knowledge to each other with what each needs. There isn't any judgement of differences, just free flowing information that we share to try and help each other deal with the day to day challenges each of us has.We know how to laugh at ourselves as we examine our weaknesses and strengths as well as be sensitive to those things that are tender and close to our hearts.
I am grateful for such a dear friend and for the good times we have. We have made some wonderful memories over the past 12 years we have known each other. We have developed traditions over the years we hold dear...some we no longer can indulge in due to places closing down because of the down economy, but we still find ourselves remembering together of the good times we had in those places. We will continue to build on our friendship with new traditions and sharing of ourselves. I am very blessed to have such a friend.


