Sunday, June 30, 2013
Stop the World, I Want To Get Off!
Have you ever got excited about going on a Ferris-wheel ride... got on and enjoyed the ride as it spun around ....then felt anxiety as it stopped on the top and someone decided to rock the seat cage? Well, that is how I am feeling.....like I have allowed others to spin my personal wheel of emotion and I have landed upside down hanging on for dear life and no one has a clue, seems to care or ever will. It starts and stops with jerking ... slowly weakening my grasp. I consider letting go but know I have to keep moving with the motion of the wheel until I can firmly plant my feet back on the ground praying that I will not get dragged along the bottom. Unfortunately, I seem to keep hanging on to the wheel. The spinning carries me around to the top and down to the bottom over and over again. Others seem to think I am strong enough to hang on forever and they just care about the tune that plays as the wheel spins, or when they get a turn at being at the top....not realizing that it too will stop and jerk them around eventually, also. Life has taught me that the saying, 'What goes around, comes around'... is true....one way or another. It is just a matter of time.


