
Growing up, my family spent many wonderful times on the coast. My grandmother lived on the coast in Lincoln City, plus we spent several vacations in Walport as well as day trips to the Northern Oregon coast. While raising my family, hubby and I also took our kids there fairly often. Our family grew to love Cannon Beach and the surrounding areas. One such area was Indian Beach..a small little beach that over the years has become a surfer's paradise. While raising our kids, my parents on a few occasions would get a particular picnic spot there for a 4th of July picnic. This past weekend, Nathan, his family and Andrea and her family plus George and I went to Indian Beach and got the exact picnic spot we all grew to love. As I stood in that spot, I couldn't help remembering my parents there and a bit of emotion swept over me as I could picture my since departed father standing there with my mother putting food out on the table. Now it was my turn to be grandma. I felt such joy knowing that my grandchildren were tasting a part of family tradition.
 |
| Granddaughters in surf |
|
|
Nathan and Andrea