Friday, May 21, 2010

Easier Access Makes Me Happy



Everything in it's place

Stocked and ready for use

Today Andrea called and asked me if I wanted to go to Costco with her. I jumped at the chance because I decided a couple of weeks ago that I wanted something they had. We have large metal shelving in our garage for our food storage which I love. Well, I saw that they also have smaller versions of the same kind of shelving that I thought woud be great for storing my empty canning jars. I get tired of stacking the boxes of them as they empty during the year and then having to sort through them during canning season to find the ones I want. Well, I came home very pleased. I bought one of the shelving units for only $27.95 and put it together. I sorted all my jars according to the size of the jars and the size of the mouths on the jars then placed them in labeled boxes. Now I have easy access to all of them and know what is in each box! I also have all my rings in a plastic bin and all my fruit fresh, pectin, lids, etc. in another bin. I know...not exciting for most people...but for me...I'm all smiles. :-)