Friday, May 7, 2010

Serenity of the Oregon Coast


Anybody who knows me is well aware that I love the Oregon coast. I grew to love it as a child. My parents would often take us there on vacations, to visit my grandmother who lived in Lincoln City, or for a picnic and a day of fun. George and I also took our kids to the coast often while they were growing up. We especially loved Cannon Beach. I love the quaintness of the town, the shops to browse, the freshness of the air, the nice places to stay, and of course, the beauty of the beaches and scenery. I could sit and watch and listen to the surf all day while pondering about life. Yesterday, George and I got an early start and decided to drive up to Ecola State Park and Indian Beach. Except for some surfers, we had the parks to ourselves. Below are a few of the pictures I took from those locations.