Thursday, May 20, 2010

Mood of the Day

Looking out our front window

Today is one of those days when I feel about as bright as it is outside. In other words, not very. The weather is dismal to say the least and as the picture reflects, I feel like a caged animal behind bars looking out and seeing nothing much but gloominess. Then suddenly I tell myself that I have much to be grateful for....so I look harder out of my 'cage' and see that I am actually enclosed by a warm and dry home. I see a beautiful tree in front yard which provides some privacy from the neighbor across the street. I see that we live on a street that is not busy, which leaves a sense of calm. I see that our lawn is turning green after George has fertilized it. I stop and realize how much I am going to appreciate the sunshine when it finally comes out. I turn around and look at the inside of my house and say," This is a good day for reading a book, for baking banana nut bread, making homemade soup in the crock pot or working on projects around the house." Suddenly the rain outside makes the house feel cozy and inviting instead of a cage for a beast about to roar with frustration. Now I am looking forward to the smell of the bread, the warm and tasty soup, the intrigue of an adventure and knowledge in my book and a more organized environment. Okay...now I can admit that life is good even if it does appear gloomy at times.