
When I was a young girl, I detested mushrooms. If mom even used cream of mushroom soup in a casserole I would cringe. The idea of eating something gray and was a fungus did not appeal to my mind or taste buds. Then one day we were visiting my grandmother in Lincoln City with Jason and Nathan, who at the time were about 2 and 3 years old. We decided to take grandma for a ride down the coastline and have lunch in a little place in Newport. I ordered something that ended up having some sauteed mushrooms on it or in it...I really can't remember...but I decided to eat it anyway and ended up loving it! From that day on, I have loved mushrooms in most any form. Stuffed mushrooms?...Yum! Anyway, over the years I have had marinated mushrooms often around the holidays. A couple of weeks ago they had a display of some at Costco and were giving out samples. I decided that I wanted to try and can some myself. So, today was the day. I haven't tried them yet, but am looking forward to seeing how they turned out. I will give them the taste test later this evening or tomorrow. I'm crossing my fingers that they live up to my expectations!