Sunday, February 20, 2011

Fidgets Phooey

Okay, I have been asked how my 'fidgets' are working with my class. Since I made my beanbags on cords, my class has not been consistent in it's attendance due to much illness going around and some out of town trips. The first Sunday after making them, I had two very attentive children who did not need them. The next week I had 3 children, two of which were the same ones from the previous week. Last week was Stake Conference so I didn't have a class. This week, I only had one child in my class. I have shown the 'fidgets' to the kids. They look excited at first then after a couple of minutes act like they are toys gone bad (No bells and whistles).  I am a bit afraid to use them as I think if I give them to the children to hold they are going to think they have been bad or something....which is not my intend. We shall see how it goes in the future. I may have to invent a game for their use. Stay tuned.....I am determined to conquer the reverence issue.