Tuesday, February 22, 2011
I Have Spring On My Mind...But The Weather Isn't Cooperating
Last Wednesday I commented to George in the early morning hours before it was light outside how I had heard birds chirping the previous morning and that I was hearing them again that morning. For me that has always been a sign that spring was on it's way. After a deafening quiet winter with no chirping, I always notice their early morning songs as spring approaches and it brings joy to my heart. As the morning progressed I was busy sewing and didn't bother to open the blinds, figuring it was just going to be another semi dreary day with a little rain. Andrea called me about 8:30am and told me it was snowing. I looked outside and everything was white! The flakes were the biggest I had ever seen. They looked like big white potato chips falling....and they were coming down hard..... So much for my vision of spring with the birds chirping! Well, guess what we are expecting again tomorrow and Thursday....you got it....more snow! Sigh! Now if it were December or early January, I would welcome the beauty of the layer of white on the trees and bushes and the ground covering. But as we near March, my desire is to see the crocus blossoms and daffodil buds popping up. I long for the trees to start filling out and for the sun to shine through the clouds a few times a day. I will be sewing again tomorrow...I may decide to keep the blinds closed so I can envision in my mind the joy of spring beauty....brillant colors rather than grays or white. Hmmmm....and I will listen for the obviously confused birds!


