Yes, the fatty is the mirror is me! This past 1 1/2 years has been very stressful on several levels. I have allowed it to take it's toll on my body. There are many excuses I could use that many people would say are understandable. Yet, the truth is, no matter what goes on in our personal lives, we are responsible for our own well-being. If we are stressed, we need to do all we can to alleviate it with healthy habits...not feed it with things that make it worse. So I am going to make myself accountable for myself by posting my progress every Friday morning until I reach my goals. Yes, I said goals. I don't believe that if I set 'a' goal to lose the total amount of weight I would like to lose I would find that goal very reachable, but if I break it down into 10 pound segments I should be able to celebrate small victories along the way. I am aware that the first 10 pounds are usually easier than the next 10 pounds...etc. Tomorrow is the day I begin my journey to a healthier and thinner me. I am starting with a change in eating habits and exercise. I am going to start out slow with the exercise and then increase as I gain stamina and strength.
At the moment, I weight more than I ever have. As a result, I find that I am having a little more sever allergy and asthma problems than I have for a few years, I can not endure walking for as long, and even the stairs in my house are getting to be more burdensome. Playing with my grandchildren is wearing me out faster and I feel because of the weight, I can not do things with them that I still should be able to do. The truth is, for the last 1 1/2 years I have been sitting on my backside sewing most of the time..( my work). At the end of the day my eyes, back and shoulders are tired so I do not do much. I am now at the age (60 ouch!) that if I don't get serious about changing some bad habits, I am going to be at risk of some serious health issues in the near future.
The plan at this moment is that every Friday I will report my progress. I will report weight losses or gains (heaven forbid!) plus I will report what I have done by way of exercise. One big issue I have is not drinking enough water. I think I will try to report on that as well.
For anyone following this blog, I hope you will either be encouraged by my progress and/or pray for my success. I need all the help I can get!
Well, with one click.....I am making this public...please at least think of me as brave! :-) Here I go!


