Yes, England has a new prince. As I have watched the unfolding of events, I have heard different people in the media ask the question..."Why do we care?" Well, I don't think is it about caring what is going with the Royal Family as it is curiosity and fascination with watching history unfold. It is interesting if nothing else to see tradition throughout the centuries kept. Watching the royal family is like taking us back in time but with a modern twist. Somehow we get caught up in being able to witness this historic event...a future king being born....and it not only takes us back in time but also while seeing what is happening now, it gives us a wee glimpse into the future, also. It is so refreshing to witness a couple that is married, seems to have a bit of sense and class get attention for something that warms our hearts by bringing a baby into their lives and creating a family unit. They want to raise their son themselves instead of being raised the old traditional way the royals have done in the past with nannies and servants.
Let's be honest though, no matter what, this little boy is going to be raised with privilege as well as expectation. But whether a prince or a commoner, he needs two loving parents to guide him. William may have been raised by a loving mother, but I think one can safely say that Charles wasn't a truly hands on father until he had to be after Diana's death. Honestly, the way I see it....I don't think he has been truly good at much of anything., but that is another story. The story at hand is that the world loves William and Kate for the way they have carried themselves and rose above all the mess the royal family has engaged in in the past. They symbolize hope for the future. Something we need in the messed up society we live in now. And we hope that their son will reflect the image of what the story books have always taught us about royalty and life......that we all should live happily ever after.


