Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Early Morning Blueberry Picking

Ally waiting to see how many berries she picked

Kaitlyn's turn

Andrea's turn

Today Andrea picked me up at 7:45am to go blueberry picking. It is the first picking day at the field not far from where Andrea lives. We wanted to go to get the biggest and best of the season so we arrived as they opened for business. We had one hour to pick before we had to leave because the girls are enrolled in swinmming lessons and had to be at the pool by 9:40.
Between Andrea and the girls they got over 13 pounds to take home and I managed 9 pounds for myself. I had already bought 10 pounds earlier in the week at my favorite farm stand. I now have 30 freezer bags with 2 cups of berries in each in my freezer. We will have plenty for our special recipes this next winter. Yummy!