Thursday, July 29, 2010
Second Chances
As different unexpected events happen in my life I have the opportunity to reflect upon them and see that in many instances I have had second chances. They may have been chances to correct wrong doing, opportunities that come around a second time, relationships rebuilt after an absence, or other various things. As I sit here and think about those things I realize how life changing second chances can be. When wrong doings are corrected, it can rejuvenate the spirit and free the soul of burdens. When seemingly lost opportunities come back, they have more meaning as we decide whether or not to take them. To have the chance to rekindle a relationship is a gift of love for it cannot be unless both parties are willing to give. Which brings me to the fact that one has to be willing to give second chances as well as receive them. Life isn't only about what we take from it, but what we give back. It is also about gratitude, for if we do not take the time to be grateful, then there is very little meaning in any of it.


