Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Local Farms

This is Bi-Zi Farm...It is very close to our house and I love to stop by for fresh produce.
This is where I usually get our corn on the cob, plums, cucumbers and few other things. I enjoy having this farm so close by but....I have to say that I remain loyal to another farm for all my canning fruit.

This is the inside of Kunze Farm. It is located near the home where we raised the kids. I have been going here for about 3o years. Mr. Kunze passed away a few years ago, but Fran Kunze still runs the place along with her daughter. They are so helpful and have taught me a lot over the years.

This is another view of the store at Kunze farm. They sell jams and jellies and a few other items from local people such as baskets and crocheted throws.
The farm is known for it's hazelnuts and also sells various flavors of honey. I have never been a big honey fan, but Fran and her daughter gave me samplings of the different honeys one year and I became a fan of the blackberry honey, I have a few jars of that in my food storage.
I appreciate living in an area where there are so many varieties of various fruits and vegetables so close to home and for the families who have dedicated themselves to providing them within our area.
Todays shopping list?...More Peaches!