
Andrea took Ally with her to Seattle to see her old high school friend, Natalie yesterday. Kaitlyn was suppose to go, too, but decided she didn't want to go and was hoping to spend the night with grandma. Well, grandma has been miserable with her allergies this week and has been coughing, sneezing, has watery eyes, and has not been able to get very much sleep. So another plan was devised. Kaitlyn would come here until her dad got off work and she would have daddy-daughter time in the evening then brought back over this morning and keep grandma company until Andrea and Ally got back today. When Jeremy dropped her off this morning, he suggested that Katilyn take a nap today as she was up late last night and got up very early this morning. I knew she was a little tired by 11:00 so I made her lunch at 11:30 then told her she needed to rest for a little while. She was not happy about that idea, but I told her she could just curl up on the couch with grandma. After a couple of minutes of persuasion, she curled up next to me. I didn't expect her to crash so fast! She usually is very squirmy and will do all she can to resist falling asleep. As soon as she got her blanket over her and tucked her hands under her face, she closed her eyes and was asleep in about 3 minutes!
I remember as a kid also resisting the idea of a nap. It seemed like some kind of punishment to keep me from doing all the things I wanted to do. My how times change. Now I would love to nap more and forget about all the things that await me.