Tuesday, August 24, 2010
Moments I Treasure in My Mind
Today I allowed my mind to wander as I went about my household chores of cleaning out the refrigerator, sorting through the toys I have for the grandchildren, doing the laundry and other various things. As I cleaned out the refrigerator I thought about the holidays and all the wonderful leftovers that get put into that space and the good times throughout the years of family and friends. As I prepared my chicken tortilla soup for dinner, I thought about how dependent I have become on my crock pot and how much easier it makes my life. When doing the laundry I thought about how nice fresh laundry smells and how much I like things put away and organized. When sorting through the toys, I thought about the upcoming birth of our second grandson....then thought about how sweet it is to feel the breath of a baby on your neck as they sleep cuddled snugly against your shoulder. I also thought about how fun it is to build castles with the building blocks for my granddaughters so they can use their imaginations with their princess dolls. Throughout the day I looked out my window and remembered as a child watching the neighbor's horses run wildly in their fenced areas during a fall wind with the colorful leaves falling around them; and about how much I look forward to putting out the fall decorations once September is here... but grateful there is still some of August left to enjoy. My mind wandered to dreams unfulfilled.....places I would love to go...things I would love to do, people I would love to spend time with. I smile as I realize I still have things to look forward to and more memories to make while I also am filled with gratitude knowing I can look back and draw upon those things that bring happiness to my heart....simple pleasures. You know....it was a good day!


