Friday, August 20, 2010

Two more days of canning.....


I had bought two boxes of peaches on Monday thinking I could can them them while I waited for my apples to ripens...well, neither seemed ready on Wednesday morning so I went over to the farm and got myself some apricots to can. I wasn't going to do apricots except for the jam I already made, but George informed me he liked them better than I thought he did...and I like them, too...soooooo I canned 20 quarts! Yesterday I finally decided that the apples were ready and went to work and canned 23 quarts of applesauce. After examining the peaches this morning, I think they might be ready tomorrow...I certainly hope so since I have no intention of doing them on Sunday, and Monday and I have Mya here during the day which would make canning more than challenging. I am not sure how tomorrow is going to work out since I still have another box of apples in the garage plus a box of Andrea's. She and I are planning to do them tomorrow, too! I guess it will be a very long day!