Thursday, October 7, 2010

Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies

Do you get tired of over ripe bananas and the thought of another loaf of banana bread, even though it is yummy?
Well, we have that problem all the time.
I found this cookie recipe that we both like.

2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup white sugar
2/3 cup butter, softened
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup mashed bananas (I use about 1 &1/2 cups)
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (I use 1 cup)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400. Grease cookie sheets. Sift flour, baking powder, soda, salt and set aside.
2. Cream butter with the sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Mix in the mashed bananas. Add flour mixture, and stir until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheets.
3. Bake in preheated oven for about 12 minutes. Depends on your oven.

ENJOY!