Friday, October 22, 2010

Lies and Deception

As I was growing up I was taught that lying was a bad thing. I never questioned whether or not government or law enforcement officials lied or had my best interest at heart. I grew up believing that doing wrong meant there was negative consequences, and certainly those in high places must have high standards. I even grew up and taught my children to respect the laws, law makers and law enforcers. I feel so deceived! The concept is good, but the system has been corrupted so badly that a person doesn't know who to trust anymore.

Politicians claim they stand for something then fall prey to lobbyists and other pressures as soon as they are faced with temptation or bribes. Their campaign ads are full of non truths, half truths, exaggerations, and show little or no respect for the the people they are suppose to be representing or asking support from.

One can't even count on the news to simply share the news...no, the stations and reporters select what they want to report on and then give it their own take until the truth is so distorted one may as well have set themselves down to read a mystery novel trying to figure out the plot through the volume of well placed words to lead the reader down a road of twists and turns.

'Political correctness' is nothing more than a tool to divert a person's perception from truth and honesty to deception. When one is pushed into thinking and saying things in a 'certain' way, then it is brain washing and freedom of speech is suddenly ridiculed and made to appear wrong. People who dare to say anything truthful and straight from their heart are at risk to be publicly humiliated.

I simply hope and pray that our young people have not grown so accustomed to being lied to that they lose sight of what truth is, embrace it, and exercise it. Most people are good and trusting...that trust should be respected with honesty.