If one read my previous two posts one would think my mind was on the worldly things today. Actually, those two posts were just responses to things I was exposed to as I read posts on my facebook page.
Today, as yesterday, was spent watching the sessions of General Conference. Other than dozing off for part of the Saturday afternoon session due to being extremely tired and physically uncomfortable with neck pain and a headache I was able to listen to all 4 sessions.
I was touched at how Elder Jeffery R. Holland uplifted everyone with the emphasizes on the good we all do and how we are loved for it. Also, that everyone is not meant to be a leader, but should be a helper. It is the small acts of help we give to one another than make the differences in peoples lives.
David McConkie taught that the attitude of us as teachers is key to whether we make a difference. "Attitude is not taught it is caught".
Elder Christofferson: A concentrated life is a pure life....is a life of labor.
Pres. Ucthdoff: Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. Focus on what matters most.
Pres. Packer: Man is free to act not be acted upon
Elder Perry: We should have respect for traditional values
Bro. Arnold: The importance of a good name..what have we done with His name?
Pres. Monson: Service, selfless or selfish?
These are some of the messages that I remember.
There was also much talk from several of the speakers about the importance of the Holy Ghost and to live so as we can have his guidance at all times.
As usual, conference was uplifting and thought provoking. A time for self re-evaluation.
I am grateful for our leaders and their guidance.


