Monday, January 24, 2011

Leaves in Stitches

This is the rug in our family room
This is a quick stitch I did to pull the colors and theme up onto the wall.

I am sure that in previous pictures I have posted you have noticed the family room rug.
How could you miss it!?!? :-)
Well, every year in January I get a catalog from Herrschner's.
I usually browse it quickly then throw it away. I have never bought from the company...until this year.
While browsing, I was extremely surprised to see a kit for a pillow cover that pretty much matched  our rug.
I decided to get one, not to make a pillow, but instead to stitch and make a wall hanging out of it. The rug is so busy that your eye is naturally drawn down. I decided that I wanted to balance the color and room out a bit by drawing the eye back up onto the wall.
The kit came last Wednesday and I decided to work on it right away. Since I was having such a hard time sleeping, I took advantage of the time awake to work on it and finished it over the weekend. 
I am looking forward to getting it framed and hanging it very soon.