Some people start off the New Year with a... BANG! They shoot off the fireworks, beat the pots and pans and go wild. I am usually in bed trying to sleep. This year, however, I did stay awake just long enough to watch the silly ball fall in rerun for the west coast from NY. Why?...I really don't know.
Another way many start the New Year is by resolutions. In that sense they start off the year with a bang as they go gunk-ho trying to start and stick to a new regime. This year, I started with a squeaky little voice that can barely be heard. I lost my voice. Yes, I am sick with sinus problems that make my head feel like it could explode with a bang, but I silently wipe my nose and suck on honey-lemon cough-drops to soften the scratchiness of the back of my throat. The silence in my house while George is at work is almost deafening. Today, I slept most the day away trying to combat this silent war going on within my body. Maybe by the end of the week I can catch up and that 'bang' of energy will move me forward and I, too can feel and realize the BANG of renewed life with new goals and new opportunities. Until then...I quietly whisper.....shhhh, I'm sleeping!


