| Ally, the artist at work |
| The finished masterpiece |
Ring, ring, ring......."Hello?"
Awww, it's Andrea with Ally at her side.
"Ally wants to know if she can come over to 'help you' tomorrow. She has early dismissal from school and would like to come over."
Grandma smiles and 'gets it'.
A few weeks ago I commented to the girls that they were getting old enough that soon I could call them to come over to do chores to earn a little extra money. So coming over to 'help' was easy to interpret.
I also know that Ally likes to be able to come over for some 'one on one time' with grandma.....without sister.
We had a fun afternoon. She ended up having dinner with us, ice cream, and candy. Between 'chores' she got to do artwork.
I had found an art supply kit at JoAnn's for $2.97 that had colors, colored pencils, oil pastels, markers, scissors, glue, eraser, sharpener, paper clips, etc. in a case!!! Couldn't pass that one up!
Anyway, we had a good afternoon.
You ask what kind of chores did she do? She vacuumed the stairs, cleaned up and sorted through the toys I have here for all the grand kids and put some things back in their storage bins....plus she dusted the whole downstairs for me.
She seemed happy with her earnings and I was happy for the help and company.
I think we each got a good deal.;-)


