Thursday, December 9, 2010

Extravagance Appreciated and Enjoyed

As anyone who knows us is aware, we are not a 'well-to-do' family; but like everyone I know I have a few lofty dreams. I had always wanted a nice set of china for family holiday gathering. I figured with our lifestyle, I didn't need (want) china for just any other time of the year. I wanted holiday china. One year as I was browsing the store (a year when things weren't as tight as usual), my mouth dropped open when I saw these LENOX dishes. I fell in love with them! It just so happens they were on sale at a decent price. George went out a got them for me.....
A service for 12!
I was, and still am blown away that I should have such beautiful dishes...and they are only for the holidays. WOW!
Sometimes I feel a little ridiculous for having them, but I really do appreciate them and enjoy getting them out each year to share with the family.