Tuesday, December 21, 2010
Sad Gratitude
It seems as I get older, Christmases seem to be touched with a bit of sadness each year as people we once knew or admired past on. This past weekend, a woman I didn't know very well, but admired from afar, died suddenly of a brain aneurysm. Just last Wednesday she greeted a new grandson into the world and expressed how grateful she was for that experience. I feel the lost of this woman mostly through knowing how much of an influence she was on our son, Jason. Whenever I saw her, she would ask about him and how he was doing. She was his seminary teacher when he was in high school about 24 years ago. He thought the world of her. She was fun, inspirational, uplifting and brought laughter to those around her. She loved to see people reach beyond what they thought they were capable of. If you were to go to her face book page, her profile picture shows her standing on top of a mountain she climbed (I am assuming it is Mt. St. Helens). That is so fitting. My heart goes out to her family and many friends. Her life touched many for good. Well done, Peggy Glem! I am grateful to have known you.


