Monday, December 6, 2010

Gingerbread Men

I love gingerbread men...and girls. About 20 years ago, I decided I had to have them in my kitchen at Christmastime. The ones in the foreground I made from corrugated cardboard and tied together to look like paper dolls at a Relief Society class the first year of my obsession.
The one in the background with the big heart was a gift given out at another Relief Society meeting I went to with Andrea in her ward. I think it was the the first year she was married...12 years ago! The other one says Grandma's recipe for gingerbread on it.

This one was a gift from Andrea when she was still in high school.

Even my refrigerator can't escape the invasion of these little men.
The center square is a cross-stitch I did with added little beads and button man.
The two on the sides are magnets.

This long-legged guy is an actual preserved cookie with raisin buttons that I found in a store. I hang him on the side of my kitchen cabinet.
Over the years I have had many more little spicy men in my kitchen, but it got too crowded and I parted with some of them....
Cookies anyone?