Thursday, December 9, 2010

My Christmas Egg

Over the years, I have collected eggs. I have about 25 of them plus other variations of this theme in ornaments and things.
My mother-in-law gave this one to me one year about 20 years ago.
It is my only Christmas egg.
It is usually displayed separately at Christmastime...away from the other eggs.
George's mom passed away several years ago after suffering a few years from bad health and the inability to communicate the last two years, due to several strokes.
This 'white' egg is very much her style.
She was a very loving and giving person who stood out...
a flower who loved to surround herself with her 'little ones'.
This year I have it right in front of the candy treasure chest we have for our grandchildren.
Somehow, that seemed a fitting place, as she would have loved to have been able to hand out the candy to them herself.