Yep....more canning. Can you guess what is in the picture?...Well, let me explain. Yesterday I went to Costco. While browsing the meats I found the most beautiful packages of lean stew beef. There were only 2 packages so I grabbed them up and brought them home and got out my pressure cooker. I managed to get 13 pints. I know some of you may be going, ewwww!.... but let me tell you something...canned stew beef is so tender, good and convenient! I use it for stroganoff, quick stew, soups, and it also can be used shredded for nice beefy hot sandwiches...in barbecue sauce or for French dips, burritos. etc. with George's schedule (never knowing when he will be home from work), it is a great help for quick meals. I also have chicken and turkey canned. Another reason for canning the meat is for emergencies. I don't know about any of you, but the thought of the electricity going out for a while due to storms or whatever is never a pleasant thought, but it also can be a disaster for the things in your freezer if off too long. It makes me feel good knowing that I will not lose all my meat if that happened and also that I have things easy to fix over a camp stove, barbecue, or whatever other source of heat. We can eat if the kitchen isn't functioning. Yep, the pantry is filling up. Hey, George.....almost time for more shelves in the garage! (He'll love that!!!).....And if any of you believe that...Can I sell you an ocean view from Arizona?! :-)


