Saturday, September 25, 2010

Trees


As far back as I can remember, I have enjoyed sitting and watching the branches and leaves of trees blowing in the breeze. Today is a beautiful September day...the leaves on the trees are barely starting to turn color... in fact, the trees I can see out my window are not even showing signs of the changing of the seasons yet. The sun is out and casting shadows between the branches and illuminating the various shades of green on the tree across the street and the red and purplish hues of the plum tree in our front yard. I wait in anticipation for the colors to change and the leaves to magnify those changes in the rays of the sun as the next few weeks go by. The beautiful yellows and golds, crisp oranges, the brilliance of the reds against the evergreen backgrounds of the firs and pines are enough to take my breath away. Awwww, the trees with their out reaching limbs waving ever so sweetly and all aglow in warm colors beckons me to go outside to join in the celebration of this marvelous time of year and want to embrace the beauty and feel the love our creator has shown us by providing this great gift. I could literally go out and hug a tree!