Thursday, September 2, 2010

Childhood Revisited

In a previous post, I mentioned a friend from my childhood who is the daughter of my dad's best friend throughout his life. This is Becky Joy. She is an artist out of Arizona who has paintings in galleries and has won recognition and awards as well as been featured in a magazine. She has been in the area teaching a workshop. Yesterday I got to meet up with Becky, her parents and my mom for lunch. I had not seen her in about 33 years and her parents in about 11 years. I have been following her on facebook and have watched her painting on u-stream from her studio. As a child her talent was obvious and it has been exciting to see her talent and success grow. We had a great time visiting and catching up on our lives. For those who are interested in checking out her artwork, you can go to her blog site: beckyjoy.blogspot.com.