Today was George and Heather's birthday. At the beginning of the week the weather forecast was that today was suppose to be nice, so George thought it would be nice to plan to pick up mom and go to the coast today. I called mom on Sunday and asked mom she would like to go and she didn't hesitate for a second and said yes she would love it. Well, for a change, the weatherman was right and we had a beautiful day at the coast. When we got there there wasn't a cloud in the sky and it was warm. We never had any cloud cover during the day. No jackets! We began with breakfast out (a yearly tradition of mom taking us out on our birthdays) then we drove to Cannon Beach and did our usual browsing through the shops and a few in Seaside, drove the drive up to Ecola State Park and Tolavana, then ended the day with the usual stop at Dooger's for dinner which we treated mom to. I sure do love their halibut...so light, flaky and moist....yummy!
I managed to finally begin my Christmas shopping for the grand-kids while browsing. We had a great time with several good laughs. George got his 5 lbs. of salt water taffy and his film of the ocean....no pictures of any of us, though. Yes, a typical trip to the coast.:-) But it was his birthday...so I certainly wasn't going to complain. I think we have the same ocean view pictures from every visit to the coast we've made....kind of hard to tell which year each was taken, though. The ocean never seems to show it's age. :-)
We hope Heather had a great birthday as well (we saw her on Monday)....
Happy Birthday George and Heather!


