Saturday, September 18, 2010

Twists and Turns

It seems all too often that whatever I think I am going to do during the day turns out to be something different. Not that is it always a bad thing, but it has taught me that if I have something really important to get done, I better not wait until the last minute...chances are those minutes are going to fill up on their own without the help of back logged chores, errands or assignments. Take today for example. I started out thinking that I was going to clean up my guest room/office and also go across the street and meet our new neighbors and offer to help them as they moved in. Well, I got sidetracked on the computer in the office and talking on the phone with my sister and didn't get it cleaned this morning like I had hoped. Plus, I only saw men across the street unloading the back of a truck...no woman...so I decided I will wait a couple of days and take something homemade as a welcome for the new young family (members of our church). Meantime, Andrea came over with a box of pears I wasn't expecting due to miss communication and confusion on my part. I was happy to get them, but had thought I was done with seasonal canning Thursday night. These pears could not wait, so I spent the early afternoon canning more pears. Here I am back upstairs in the office on the computer.....Hmmmm, maybe I should spent the rest of the afternoon cleaning up so I can say I got one of my goals done...you think?